Monday, November 14, 2011

"Do You Know The Way To San Jose?"

The title of this blog is kind of corny but when I last flew to San Jose, California several people on the plane were singing that old tune. I'm sure that song put San Jose on the map for a lot of people. Now, I believe it's called "Silicon Valley". What a beautiful valley it is! When you are flying into San Jose, California you see a city with huge gorgeous mountains surrounding it. I never grow tired of seeing it from the air. Unfortunately I've never taken a picture of it. I must try to remember to do that on my trip out there next week.





On your right is a photo of a random airport. After a while all the big airports start to look the same.


I have flown into San Jose, California several times. The first time was when my husband and I flew out to see my late son graduate from language school in Monterrey. Vinny was in the Army then and attended the school in Monterrey for a couple of years. I took a whole slew of pictures of his graduation but my luggage was forever lost on the flight home and the undeveloped films were in my checked bag. I've always been very bummed out by that. Especially now that Vinny is no longer with us. I have posted a photo of Vinny sitting on a bench in one of Saddam Husein's palaces in Iraq. That's where he went after he graduated from language school. He learned Arabic and went to work for a company called SOSi.


Back to my story..... the second time I flew to San Jose, California was last August. Air Companions was hired to accompany a developmentally disabled woman from San Jose to Virginia to visit her brother for a week. When the week was over Air Companions accompanied her back home. It was great fun and she was a wonderful to travel with. I feel like I made some new friends. Her family was wonderful, too.


Next week I will travel back to San Jose, California to once again accompany the developmentally disabled woman to Virginia to spend Thanksgiving with her brother and his family. I will be able to be home for Thanksgiving with my family and will fly back to Virginia on Saturday, November 26 in order to accompany my new friend home to San Jose on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it.


More to come after my trip. Meantime I hope you all have a very wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment